Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large box of dolls to dispose of. I am 71 yrs. old…

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large box of dolls to dispose of. I am 71 yrs. old and cannot stand to just throw them in the garbage. I have a yrs. worth of doll of the month, and various other dolls such as a Carmen Miranda, Indian, Anniversary doll etc. Not necessarily looking to sell. Looking for someone who would life to work with them to restore them.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of. They have been boxed for years.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/4/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

In the process of moving. No time for pictures. Not possible to avail myself of the box of dolls just now. Just looking for a place to take them in my area.

What is your area and I will help with suggestions on where to bring them.

~Nora

North Texas near Denton or the Dallas metro-plex

You may want to consider contacting Heritage Auctions at http://www.ha.com they have an outpost in Dallas.

However, if you are not in need of selling the dolls, the best method would be to donate them to a local Salvation Army, Goodwill, Re-Store or Humane Society second hand shop. You can request a donation receipt for a tax deduction for 2018.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora