Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a few antique pocket watches for sale. I have two…

Customer Question
I have a few...

I have a few antique pocket watches for sale

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have two fusee pocket watches one is 1761 the other is 1783 i also have a quarter repeater 1907 and a illinois 21 jeweled bunn special railroad watch puse keys and chains and fobs.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The 1761 fusee has the name of the owner on the dial.joseph wilson. i bought this from a relative.he inherited a place called rivington hall in england and it is still there also have key with his wife's enameled portrait you can find out more by googling his name

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
1/4/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 month ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience. Please note that generally experts here only handle one item per question.

Depending on the case in which your 18th century pocketwatches are in, an 18th century fusee pocketwatch in a gold case can sell for up to $5500 on today's market; if in a silver metal case, they sell for an average high of $500 at auction. The Rivington Hall provenance will also add to sale-ability and a bump in value if offered for public sale at auction.

A 1907 quarter repeater in a 22K rose gold case sold for $13,790; others such as one in a 9K gold case sold for $1011.

The Illinois 21j Bunn Special railroad watch sells for an average of $225 - $300 on today's auction market. The accessories, depending on the metal can add another few hundred.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora