Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a picture in a frame with Galindo label attached.

Customer Question
I have a picture...

I have a picture in a frame with Galindo label attached . This picture goes back at least 4 generations in my family. It may have been brought over from Ireland or Scotland. It has a little old lady in blue walking with a cane in front of a large house with thatched roof. It almost looks stitched instead of painted. I cannot find an artists name.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Is there anyone that you know that does paintings that look like Ireland or Scotland that looked stitched

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/2/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora