Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an Evergreen doll that I received in the early 1970s…

Customer Question
I have an Evergreen...

I have an Evergreen doll that I received in the early 1970s from an English exchange student. She has all her original clothing which can be removed including a hat, shawl, outer cloak, apron, tweed dress and slip, shoes and socks. I think she had a name but I don't remember. Her blue eyes open and shut and she has a stand.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Ev She is in very good condition as I didn't play with her and she sat on my shelf until she was wrapped up and put in a box almost 40 years ago.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

How tall is she

14 inches
I really can't spend extra money as I don't really know that she is worth even the membership fee
I also have two story book dolls (porcelain) I think with moveable arms and legs fully dressed and painted faces. They are only 5 1/2 inches tall
are you still there?

Hello

Yes, I am here. What do you mean the membership fee?

They charged me "just answer" $48 to join but it is supposed to be free or just $5. I have no idea what is going on.

Hello

The cost is actually 5.00 deposit, then the balance is paid after the expert responds to the customer. They also offer memberships. I do not know what the monthly cost is for the membership. With that you are allowed to ask questions each month. If you are not sure what you signed up for, you should contact customer service. Appraisers are not employees of the site so we do not know anything about customers accounts.

You can call customer service to make sure what you have signed up for.

Or by phone:
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****

Then you can let me know what you want to do.

Glenda