Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a chinese vesa with gold trim it have

Customer Question
i have a chinese vesa with gold trim it have
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/31/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

What's that triangle stand for
6_1514724682356.jpeg6_1514...jpeg2_1514724781569.jpeg2_1514...jpeg16_1514725309362.jpeg16_151...jpeg2_1514724781569.jpeg2_1514...jpeg
You Get the pictures
Give me a min I am driveing

I do not participate in the phone service. I did get your photos. I will look these over and write my answer within the hour.

This is a Chinese enamel vase with a mark on the bottom that reads Great Period Tongzhi Make. Most pieces with this mark are not actually of the Tongzhi period of 1862-1874 but have this mark as a tribute to the great Tongzhi era. This vase can be proven to not be of the Tongzhi period because of the red triangle with a 5 inside of the triangle, this mark is on pieces made in Hong Kong and Macau in the 1960's or later when China was under communist rule and this triangle was used to represent the factory number in one of these two cities.

The value of this vase is $20 to $30 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answers.

I see that you keep posting the same question and it is getting closed as a duplicate. Posting the same question more than once is not allowed and will get closed by the moderators. I hope that you are able to see my answer (above).
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.