Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some fine china lustre ware made in Japan cup and…

Customer Question
I have some fine...

I have some fine china lustre ware made in Japan cup and saucer sets, 2 of one sort, 2 of another and was wondering what the rough prices are to sell these sort of items, I have trouble downloading photo's so thats why I haven't sent any

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is a sort of crown on the top {{the markings underneath} with crossed branches and the no. 207. They have the wholes around the edges and a gold trim on the fluted bottom of the cup and the edge of the saucers

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

It sounds like you have 1920's to 1930's Nippon art deco period lustre ware china.

These were common during this period and were done in iridescent glazes of yellow, pink, purple and blue, sometimes with a gold or black bit of trim or rims and handles. A cup and saucer set in this style

has a value of about $15 per cup and saucer.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.