Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have and solid oak hutch about 90 years old in mint

Customer Question
condition. Looking for value, it...
I have and solid oak hutch about 90 years old in mint condition. Looking for value, it is a corner hutch. with two doors one on top and one in bottom. Both has lights in them.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is an oak corner display cabinet from

the 1970's with mirrored back, glass shelves and

inner spotlights. You mentioned it possibly being 90 years old

but the elements (glass shelf, all mirror and lights inside)

of this piece were not common in furniture design

in the 1920's or 1930's. The value of this cabinet is

$140 to $175 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Vinterior.com (in Europe), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.