Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a set (12 place) of pre - WWII Japanese china. The…

Customer Question
We have a set...

We have a set (12 place) of pre - WWII Japanese china. The mark on the back of the pieces is a round red circle with a star in the middle and a crown on the top of the circle. The words in the circle says only "Made in Japan." Any idea if this has any value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The pattern on the front is multi-colored flowers on a pale yellow background with a white center.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/30/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora