Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting that I think was probably painted in the…

Customer Question
Pearl I have a...

Pearl I have a painting that I think was probably painted in the 1800's of Robert E. Lee

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I know it hung in the senate and was taken down when he joined th confederacy. My partner who just passed away got it from his aunt who was the sec to the sgt at arms

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I think it is an oil and the frame is held on with pegs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/29/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I don't have a way to send a picture I talked with the Robert E Lee people in Va and they want me to somehow get the back off w/o destroying the painting to see who painted it
no I am not paying #34 more dollars
well looks like this is a waste of time and money

I can wait as long as you need to provide photos. There is not a time limit here. ~Nora

i don't have a camera to provide the photos

If you know a friend or family member with a smart phone, photos can be easily taken and sent. I can wait as long as you need to find the help.

~Nora