Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

The on a Boardman Silver bowl and lid is: Silver by Boardman…

Customer Question
The mark on a...

The mark on a Boardman Silver bowl and lid is : Silver by Boardman 8143. It's about 53 years old. What can you tell me about it and its current value. It was a wedding gift 53 years ago and has been in my attic for 50 years

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Other than it needs to be really cleaned. 50 years of tarnish

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/29/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I'm 76 years old and have no idea what you want me to do. I can take a picture and text it to you if that works. Just get me an a phone number

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

It's difficult to talk to you right now

I am sorry, I am trying my best for you.

~Nora

This should work.

Again...I cannot talk right now . When can I call you back?

Any time, there is no time limit. At your convenience. ~Nora

I will send you the pictures at the email address you noted

Great, thank you.

I received your images and thank you for your patience.

Your vintage Boardman plated silver lidded and footed serving piece with Pyrex glass insert has a high value of $75 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora