Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Have an original portrait of Katharine Hepburn painted on a…

Customer Question
Have an original portrait...

Have an original portrait of Katharine Hepburn painted on a wooden breakfast tray -- signed by Everett Raymond Kinstler, American artist. How do I go about obtaining a selling value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

He appears to be a well known portrait artist, born 1926.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
12/29/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 month ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is the portrait (in inches) not including the tray?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the portrait.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur