Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have several A Edison thick vertical recorded 80rpm

Customer Question
I have several Thomas...

I have several Thomas A Edison thick vertical recorded 80rpm records

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

These are almost 1/4 inch thick made for the horizontal diaphragm player with diamond needle. The label was stamped in the record (hard to read). the black bake-lite was sprayed on compressed wood sawdust disk

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Groves in good condition, only played on a (hill & dale) p;layer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/27/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

The Thomas Edison 80rpm records have values that range from $20 to $25 each

depending on the type of music and condition of the disc.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.