Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Have a vase signed by "Caplos" or Caplan but not sure how it…

Customer Question
Have a vase signed...

Have a vase signed by "Caplos" or Caplan but not sure how it is spelled or it valuable. Thanks!

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Vase is about 18 to 21 inches high

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is clear cut to clear and has a base on the bottom

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/25/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.