Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a jackquard blanket that is on one side with roses…

Customer Question
I have a jackquard...

I have a jackquard blanket that is white on one side with roses and eagles and the other is black with the same pattern, It is signed 1822 Abby it is starting to get the threads loose can you tell me about it and its worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It belonged to my mother and was passed down to me and was in perfect shape but now is starting to have the threads come loose, Price???

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/25/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is an 1822 handmade reversible bedspread signed by the woman that made the piece (Abby), which was common for the early 1800's, likely the northeast US in origin. The value of one of these spreads (wear noted)

is $175 to $225 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.