Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

This question is for Lady Tanya65: I was at an auction a few…

Customer Question
Hi this question is for...
Hi this question is for Lady Tanya65: I was at an auction a few weeks ago and bid on two Charles Dickens Heritage, A Christmas Carol musical figurines. The first is an Item #9707 by Westland Giftware, Tune "Deck the Halls". I have a certificate with this piece and it states "This is one in a collection of very special pieces that portray the much-loved Cratchit family members in various holiday settings." The musical is made of resin "made in china" and the base is brick with holy draped around and there are 8 figurines in period dress - 4 adults and 4 children. The two figures on the left, one child playing a flute and one man playing the violin - the two adults in the middle are singing from a song book the figure on the right is holding up his top hat and the three figures in front are children singing. If I get notified by Just Answer on my cell phone, I can take a picture from the phone and send it to you.The second item is a musical snow globe same company, same style box "Item No. 9713, tune "White Christmas". The water in the snow globe is murky but the figures of carolers can be identified: Two adults and two children. The base is a village with two people riding in a horse drawn carriage.Can you please tell me the value of these pieces and approximate age. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find these two items. Thank you Lady Tanya!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/24/2017
Antique Expert: Josie-Mod,
 replied 7 months ago
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
OK - that's fine! Would like to know as soon as possible as I was going to give one as a Christmas gift tomorrow.
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

I see that your question has not been answered.

Are you still seeking information on the two pieces?

~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Hi~

~Nora