Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm looking to appraise & sell my antique furniture, etc. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm looking to...

Hi, I'm looking to appraise & sell my antique furniture, etc. I have pictures of all items. Does this cost to look at?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Where do so find a antique appraisal person to but my antiques in Nampa, ID., 83687.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Hi Kim, I'm trying to get a appraisal @ sell my antique furniture.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/22/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** no longer works on this site. I will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

I can take three pieces or a set of like items (for example, a set of dining chairs) in this one single question.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the three items.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on each of the three pieces.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris