Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I was wondering if your would be able to tell me what a

Customer Question
I was wondering if...

I was wondering if your would be able to tell me what a silver spoon with the date of 1881 Rogers might be worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

All i know is that it looks like a soup spoon. My mother always used it in a sugar bowl. I don't know if it belonged to her or one of my grandparents.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has what looks like a lily on on the inside of the bowl next to the handle. It also looks like a lily on the handle next to the bowl of the spoon and another flower on the end of the spoon handle.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

ok

What type of spoon is this - teaspoon, tablespoon, round soup, oval dessert?
Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the spoon.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the reverse.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Round soup spoon. I am working on getting the photos.

Thank you.

I cannot get the pictures to download properly
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 month ago

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur