Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I do. I have a desk/mantel clock from West Germany and I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I do...

Second opinion] I do. I have a desk/mantel clock from West Germany and I don't know where to go to find it's value and/or sell it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Since I don't know anything about clocks, I don't know what to tell you.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is key wound. The tune selector print on the inside says Silent, Whittington, st. Michael, Westminster. The numbers printed on back side of the clock say 74 and below it says 1050-020 and Made in West Germany.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.