Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large collection of antique dolls. How can I get…

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large collection of antique dolls. How can I get them appraised for selling?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Let me know if ARS can appraise them. Some are ceramic head, some are from the 40s and 50s, along with clothing. Also have many toys and animals from the 1950s.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Also have a large collection of glassware and Roseville.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/20/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

For an appraisal of a large collection you will really want to work with an accredited appraiser who is a member of one of 3 appraiser associations. To find one who specializes in dolls in your area, you will go to each of the 3 sites and enter your location into their 'find an appraiser' directories. From there, you will contact each qualified appraiser who comes up in your area and they will relay to you their fees for service.

Here are the links for you to each of the groups:

ISA, International Society of Appraisers: https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

ASA, American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

AAA, Appraiser's Association of American: http://www.appraisersassociation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&PageID=741

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora