Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a sculpture of a fish made from marble and jade that…

Customer Question
We have a sculpture...

We have a sculpture of a fish made from marble and jade that was found on an island in the bahama's 40 years ago that has been in a closet. I recently came into custody of this and would like to have it examined and find out if it is historical or has any value. I can send jpeg pictures ...thanks ...rick slevinski

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

This was found in an area where true pirates and others stashed their stuff. Old rectangular gin bottles and other debris was in the area. This looks like something from many years ago. It is very heavy and very artistic

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

here are some pictures...i have alot more if needed...thanks
STONE FISH (1).jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH RIGHT SIDE 2.jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH (6).jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH CLOSEUP OF S...jpgSTONE F...jpg

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 8 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and Jade expert. I would be happy to help you.
Is there any inticate carving on the fish? You said marble and Jade? Could you take photos in sunlight so I can see the stone itself better. It could be straight white Jade. I want to be as accurate as possible for you. Do you happen to know the weight of the fish? All of this will help me in evaluating the piece thank you so much for your help.
It weighs 60 lbs. I will attach more pics...it is raining today but these may help. There is no signiture but just the stylish carving of half a fish. The end that should be a tail is smooth not like a broken end. I have larger file size pics if you want them sent...Thank you very much..rick slevinski
STONE FISH RIGHY SIDE.jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH LEFT SIDE.jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH FACE.jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH BOTTOM.jpgSTONE F...jpgSTONE FISH (16).jpgSTONE F...jpg
Hi thank you so much. This will take time I appreciate your patience. I will be reviewing your photos closely and post back this evening. This is a beautiful fish and will have a full appraisal for you when completed. Thank you
Any thoughts on the stonefish?...thanks...rick slevinski
I have not heard back from you in over a week and my credit card has been charged another fee. If you are still working on this please communicate or I will contact my credit card issuer for a fraud issue...rick slevinski