Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 paintings by. Is there a market for this art? These…

Customer Question
I have 2 paintings...

I have 2 paintings by Harry Britton. Is there a market for this art?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

These paintings would be about 100 years old. 12x14 Is of sailboats in Harbour. The other is 9x13 and is a winter scene.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The paintings are framed and are in very good shape. That's it. I will try to answer any questions. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/17/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

I know of this artist, so I will answer without photos.

Harry Britton (1878 - 1958)

is a listed artist from Ontario, Nova Scotia, Canada, and England

known for marine, landscape, figure, and portrait painting, teaching.

A painting by this artist of sailboats in a harbor has a value of $CAD800

and a winter scene would have a value of $CAD700 based on recent sales of similar pieces (see photos).

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I see that you posted a duplicate question about these pieces.

I did give an estimate. Do feel free to add pictures for more accuracy or click the stars

once you have read my above answer.

I'll add my answer again here in case you were not able to see it.

Harry Britton (1878 - 1958)

eBay and letgo.com (local).

hope this helps. can separate them

There are no photos here if you think you added them. Let's do this instead. It is slower but easier for you.
You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.