Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a very large picture by German Artist Zimmermann, of…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very large picture by German Artist Carl Zimmermann, of three deer in a meadow, one Stagg and two Does. can you tell me its value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I believe Carl Zimmerman was born in the 1800's. I also have a large painting by Artist Sonoto who I think also might be German, of Christ with a Halo & a large Red Heart in his chest. I also have a large painting by Kiowa Indian Artist ***** ***** Martin known as (Silvermoon) 1891-1969 The picture is of a loan Buffalo standing on hillside overlooking the herd. What can you tell me about these?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think off.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/17/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I thought I was going to get an answer when I paid my money. There is nothing on the back of pictures, only the signature on the front lower right.

Carl Zimmerman (1870 - 1947)

is a listed artist from California and Austria known for painting and woodcarving.

A landscape with deer by this artist has a value of $1000 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

There are more than one Artist named Carl Zimmermann. I think he was from Germany, he painted wildlife, don't know anything about wood carving. What did you find on the other two paintings?

I would need to see the pieces of art in order to assess them, so I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer. They will see our conversation. Good luck!

I don't know how to put pic''s on computer to send. Can they be mailed? If so to what address?
Thank you
Freida McKey, 910667 S 3420 Rd, Chandler, OK 74834
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 2 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. On the first one Carl Zimmerman...... He is born in Austria however did travel to Germany. There are two Carl Zimmermans, however this is the one that did your painting.

Painter, woodcarver. Born near St Polten, Austria on Sept. 8, 1870. Zimmerman (né Carolus Zimmermann) immigrated to the U.S. in 1906 and soon settled in southern California. With a home in Pasadena, he worked in Los Angeles doing architectural and furniture woodcarving for wealthy residents. He also taught woodcarving in the public schools of Santa Ana. He later had a studio-home in Laguna Beach at 1130 N. Coast Blvd and died there on Sept. 8, 1947. An Impressionist, he used a light palette and small brush strokes to create landscapes of southern California and Yosemite.

The value on the deer painting is 1000-1400.00 in todays market.

On the other two artists, can you give me the measurements of the paintings and I can give you a more accurate value on them. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser