Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old, one person called it a New England nursing…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old , one person called it a New England nursing rocker no as made of maple wondering what the seat cushion is made of and looks like?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The only other thing I know is it was my grand mother's and it is approximately 125 to 140 years old. I have to replace one leg as it broke where he mortise is on the runner.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not really as I said the leg replacement and the seat replacement. Not sure whether grandmother bought it in New York or moved with it from new foundland

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD (or ATTACH) FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

This was supposed to be 5 dollars now you tell me my credit card is charged 46 dollars . Cancel and confirm that money is refunded.
Is this cancelled and money refunded .

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris