Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

How much is a set a 1847 silverware worth? It's silver

Customer Question
How much is a...

How much is a set a 1847 rogers silverware worth? It's silver plated. 10 piece setting. thank you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its about 60 years old. has IS on back of spoons

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't know name of the pattern. looks like wheat maybe. and also another set with the daffodil pattern. thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/16/2017
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser for 29 years, and am the president of the Association of Online Appraisers.

In order to give you an accurate value, I need to correctly identify your set.

Please upload clear pictures of one piece, front and back. Also, since place settings vary according to taste, please let me know which pieces you have and how many of each. And please let me know if you need help with pictures. Thanks!

Ok thanks. I believe 8 pieces of everything, fork, knife, spoon, salad fork, soup spoon, and utinsels. I'll have to wait until tomorrow so my niece can help me send picture.
What's the chances of me getting to work with you tomorrow? Thank you.

No problem! Please take all the time you need. This question will remain open and waiting for you until you return.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur