Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have an antique baby face red satin lamp in our parlor.

Customer Question
We have an antique...

We have an antique baby face red satin lamp in our parlor. It has not be electrified but has the brass center and base shined and the lamp is in stellar condition. We purchased it several years ago at an antique show. Can you tell us something about this lamp? Thank you, Linda

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Yes, my 93 yr. old mother-in-law has two of the same lamps but her's is white satin instead of red satin. He father was an antique dealer many years ago. Difference is her's has been electrified. Again in stellar condition.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/16/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

How tall is the lamp in inches?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the lamp.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the lamp.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris