Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Restmore Manufacturing 9 piece dining room set.

I have a Restmore...

I have a Restmore Manufacturing 9 piece dining room set. Manufacturing date 1929. I have wash it down with Murphys furniture cleaner, to remove old wax, polish, and dirt. How should I proceed from here. Thought maybe lemon oil

12/16/2017
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

The best procedure is to obtain a can of wood clear paste wax at your local hardware Then apply a coat of it to your furniture. Once settled, rub polish one area at a time. Then repeat the process several times.

When your furniture needs dusting, use no spray or liquid polish. Just use a soft cloth. If furniture appears to dull, apply a coat of paste wax and rub polish again.

Never use any kind of polish other than paste wax.

I hope this helps.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

If you want value, I will need photos.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
If I need to can I apply some stain first. You would not use tung oil or poly

Yes. You can apply stain first but be sure it is dry before applying the paste wax.

No, do not use tung oil or poly.

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.
Thank you again.
**********************