Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have three paintings by Friedrich Gumsheimer, how do I get…

Customer Question
I have three paintings...

I have three paintings by Friedrich Gumsheimer, how do I get them appraised?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I think they were painted early 1900, in orginal frames

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have no other information

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Friedrich Gumsheimer (19/20th century)

is a listed artist from Germany known for oil painting.

He did most of his work from 1900 to 1910 and the value of his work ranges from $300 to $500 retail based on

actual recent sales of his work.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars.