Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Trying to appraise an old wrought iron bed fram. I can send…

Customer Question
Trying to appraise an...

Trying to appraise an old wrought iron bed fram

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can send photos

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Very heavy naked men ( could be angels?) corn stalks, grapes ornate

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

let me know if you need more
IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0004 copy.JPGIMG_000...JPGIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1353.jpg

This is a circa 1880 cast iron bed frame in the French Neoclassical style

with putto, wheat, grapes, and flourishes in a verdigris finish.

(Putti or Putto are cherubs without wings)

The value of this bed is $400 to $500 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Vinterior.com (in Europe), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars.