Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Duncan Phyfe style table that has this printed on…

Customer Question
I have a Duncan...

I have a Duncan Phyfe style table that has this printed on the bottom: I-50E 8500-817A-1

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I didn't get to finish. Then MAH. Is this a real Duncan Phyfe?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Its old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Based on what you described, this is a 1940-1950 era Duncan Phyfe style

mahogany table made in the United States. The true Duncan Phyfe pieces were made

from 1784 to 1847 and the style was revived later. The printed numbers and the type of wood printed on the bottom indicate a later revival piece. A drop leaf table in this style has a value of $400 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Vinterior.com (in Europe), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.