Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what I believe is some type of hot water stove used…

Customer Question
Hello, I have what...

Hello, I have what I believe is some type of hot water stove used for laundry. It is cast iron,and was manufactured by "Abram Cox Stove Co Philadelphia,Chicago. The writing in the casting says Novelty No. 10a. I don't know much about it other than it was manufactured sometime around 1889-1917. Any information as to exactly what it is and if it has any value other than looking pretty darn cool. Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of. It's stamped pat. pending. Also, I think it was made earlier rather than later, as from what I researched online, it was made before the company moved to Pa.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/15/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is Diana.

.

Do you think you can try posting some pictures of it?

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Hello Diana,l'm going to try and send a photo. Please bear with me.

Sure. There's no rush. Take your time.

Diana am I being charged $35.00 for this info?

Hi. I don't have an access to customer accounts. That's something that is between you and JustAnswer. Since you don't have a membership, I can tell you that you will be charged for your question. I just don't know how much.

.

If you'd like I can send this to customer service so they can tell you just how much the charge is.

~Diana

Sure. I thought it was a free question? Please connect me with customer service. I don't want to pay for the service,and before we go any further I wish to withdraw my question, thank you.
Please don't call my phone.

Hi. I'm sorry, but appraisals aren't free. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll be sure to pass your request on to customer service.

Thank you. I'm sorry to have wasted your time.