Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Have 2 Deutsch Brothers French provincial love seats in very

Hi. Have 2 Deutsch Brothers...
Hi. Have 2 Deutsch Brothers French provincial love seats in very good condition. How much are they worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We’re Grandparents. Covered in plastic and never really sat on.Fine, intricately carved loveseat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Nice color and material
12/14/2017
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD (or ATTACH) FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning Doris. Both of these love seats are in this condition
497E0B41-E68E-49B3-B8D2...jpeg497E0B...jpegCBD07D02-8F3A-491F-83DB...jpegCBD07D...jpegF4940644-F4F4-43DF-954D...jpegF49406...jpegD46078BE-E4D4-4843-802A...jpegD46078...jpegBE8C4FD6-E34A-442E-893D...jpegBE8C4F...jpeg482EFF57-809B-4B02-876D...jpeg482EFF...jpeg710CC335-27BD-409F-97AD...jpeg710CC3...jpegB6860B03-DD8D-4E94-A7B9...jpegB6860B...jpeg371ED9E7-2610-4888-8495...jpeg371ED9...jpeg

Thank you for the pictures however, there is not one of the entire front view of a loveseat.

Please send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope I read your instructions correctly. After my Grandparents passed I have taken over their Estate. They have been the only owners of this furniture. I keep them covered and out of direct sunlight. No one sits in them
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I moment please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here are the pics you requested. I also think these pieces are stuffed with horse hair but I’m not sure.
A9F1BE21-C729-420E-9726...jpegA9F1BE...jpeg2D248750-267F-4308-A4B6...jpeg2D2487...jpeg68A17ABE-2CFD-4E45-802D...jpeg68A17A...jpeg687E7956-698C-4491-826E...jpeg687E79...jpeg315C07B8-3B83-4287-B1D3...jpeg315C07...jpegC3DB0C47-2D17-41C7-8051...jpegC3DB0C...jpeg

Thank you for the excellent photos.

This furniture company dates ca 1937-1977 and was located in Chicago.

Your love seats date mid century.

The estimated retail value of the pair is $2800-3600.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.
Thank you again.
**********************

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, Thank you Doris! I appreciated your knowledgeable, promp, response! You have help me Immensely!! ��

I am so glad. ;D

Have a good evening. Good night.

Doris
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser