Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My Father was in WW 2. When he was serving overseas he had…

Customer Question
My Father was in WW...
My Father was in WW 2. When he was serving overseas he had the chance to get some very nice tapestries. Very old. High Quality. He brought them back wrapped in visqueen. They had been in a place of reverence. Not on the floor. I can’t remember where they were actually from. Persia Pakistan. They were put away. I owned carpet and upholstery cleaning businesses in KC Mo. I hand cleaned them and tefloned them. 59.5 X 98” 8 to 9 knots per running inch on the back. No symbols or markings. If you need any more pictures or available info pls let me know. Here are your pictures.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
Answered in 2 days by:
12/16/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

The rugs appear to be from the Middle East, without the original tags or them being signed on the back there is no way to know exactly where they came from. But they look to be Hand Knotted. In very good condition. I can get you the market value for the rugs if you like but, I cannot tell you who made them or exactly where they originated from.

Glenda