Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am interested in getting a value on two antique display…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in getting a value on two antique display pieces: a RIT dye rotating display and a traveling seed saleman's folding display.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Pictures tell the most, right? I need prices for the valuation. I had an antiques booth for a summer and have used these pieces in my home. Found a pristine seed display, same item, for $1500 on line. Cannot find the RIT dye piece, but related RIT items were really pricey. I cannot remember where I bought these items, but was told that the rotating RIT was very rare.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

THat's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/13/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora