Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can you tell me how to find the approx. value of a 1993

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me how to find the approx. value of a 1993 Elvis Presley innocence calendar with never before seen pictures from his personal photographer William (Bill) Spheer

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It was released August 14,1992 by sun studio and api photography.i can not find anything at all about it online

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/13/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Was this published by Landmark?

It also has a authentic Elvis stamp in it on January 8th the day the elvis stamp was released

Was this published by Landmark?

No that is not the calendar

Was yours published by Landmark?

No it was not published by Landmark as I stated earlier it was published by Sun Studios and API photography

Thank you for the publisher, I did not realized the name you gave was actually the publisher as it was not capitalized.

Let me research a bit.

May I have a picture of the cover of your calendar?

I do not have any pictures with me at the moment but I can send you some in just a little while

There is no hurry at this end.

Thank you for the pictures. They really helped.

Unfortunately, I do not have very good news. See the following image. It shows one of the 1993 Elvis Presley Innocence calendars that sold in 2016 in an online auction - eBay - for $30 in 2016.

This means the retail value of the calendar would not be more than $70-80.

I truly wish I had better news.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Also, please know that the Elvis Jan 8, 1993 stamp is not worth much. A sheet of forty of these stamps sells for $66 so one stamp is worth retail about $2.

Again, I truly wish I had better news.

Positive, please.

Kind regards,

Doris