Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I would like to sell oil painting dated 1930's buy J/L.

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to sell oil painting dated 1930's buy J/L. klientjes

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is about 3 ft by 4 ft in guilded frame and the picture shows a grand mother consoleing a grand daughter because the young girkl lost her boyfriend in war

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit at the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

I can send a picture through my phone. was appraised in 1999 by robert gosset for
6,500

To send photos with your phone, you can email the files to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.

Johannes Leonardus Kleintjes (1872-1955) was a listed Dutch/Netherlands artist.

This original painting done in 1930 has a current value of $4000 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.

Rarewares
Rarewares