Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old world globe, I think all names are in old

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old world globe, I think all names are ***** ***** french. It is labeled G. Thomas Circa 1890. How IWhere) can I get this appraised?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't know much more. I have had it a long time, originally bought at a small antique store in Jamestown, Ca. I don't have a pic to show you but may be able to get one later today. There is a pic on line at la-timonerie-antiquites.com/en/globe that looks very much like my globe.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's in fairly good condition, still lights up and is quite legible but I don't recognize most of the names because I'm not familiar with french.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

will get pics and add later today.
Not yet. I'll get oics first so we know what we are talking about. In the meantime, tell me about you and your qualifications. How can I verify you as an expert?

I have already been vetted by the site as an expert by both the site and by a third party, so there are no worries there. I look forward to seeing your photos later today.