Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can you offer suggestions on where i can find the value of…

Can you offer suggestions...

Can you offer suggestions on where i can find the value of an antique Czech lamp. Are there reputable online appraisers and can photos be submitted/

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Can you offer suggestions on where i can find the value of an antique Czech lamp. Are there reputable online appraisers and can photos be submitted?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It has a reverse painted large shade and 3 curved panels on the base

12/12/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a circa 1918 to 1930 reverse painted art nouveau table lamp

made in Czechoslovakia in the manner of US makers Pittsburgh Glass, Handel Glass,

Miller Glass and Consolidated Glass to name a few. Do be sure to look under the lamp, on the metal rim of the shade, and metal inner rim of the shade for other marks just to be sure that this is not a US maker.

I have added photos of where to look and a similar lamp by Pittsburgh Glass just as examples fo the style similarity.

Your lamp has a current value of $1200 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answers.

Rarewares