Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a framed needlework from around the Civil War/early…

Customer Question
I have a framed...

I have a framed needlework from around the Civil War/early 1800's (?) era-we believe. It was done by my great grandmother or great-great grandmother. It was in the parlor of the house (pre-Civil War) they were born in when my mother (she is 95 now) was growing up. I would like to have some one look at it to help me know what the needle work technique/pattern is called. How can I get a picture to you so you can help us identify anything about it?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is framed in a shadow box with gold leaf (it looks like) and the frame is plaster mounted on wood. No signatures or dates.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.