Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a sketching in charcoal I believe of a persain kitten…

Customer Question
I have a sketching...

I have a sketching in charcoal I believe of a persain kitten that belonged to my grandparents that was given to me by my aunt years ago. I have tried to find out something about it but havn`t been able to. I know somewhere years ago I think I saw another one just like it but can`t find it now. Anyway, this one is hanging on my wall, and is covered in plastic-which it has had on it since my grandmother had it. I know it isn`t a print-it is real charcoal or lead like from a pencil. That would explain why it is covered. It has a name-T. Oughton. I believe Taylor Oughton.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

My family is from California- I was born there and that is where it came from.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Taylor Oughton (born 1925)

is a listed artist from Pennsylvania for magazine and book
illustration, painting, and printmaking. This is

an original pencil drawing by the artist with a

value of $400 to $600 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.