Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I recently acquired an antique riding desk been trying to…

Customer Question
I recently acquired an antique...
I recently acquired an antique riding desk been trying to determine his origin and value have been unable to do so is there anyway I can text you photographs of said table maybe you guys could give me some ideas as two is worth in origins
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

If that doesn't work for you, then you can
email the files to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.

Let me know if you receive the photos thanks Chris
IMG_1159.JPGIMG_1159.JPGIMG_1160.JPGIMG_1160.JPGIMG_1162.JPGIMG_1162.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1164.JPGIMG_1164.JPGIMG_1165.JPGIMG_1165.JPG
That would be writing desk not riding sorry voice text not very good

This is a Victorian Eastlake circa 1870 to 1890 writing desk with original brass hardware

and top gallery. The value of this desk in this condition is $400 retail. Eastlake is a style of furniture

(not a company) that was popular in the late 1800's in the US, named after a designer and architect Charles Eastlake; the style having straight lines, ridged details, and light carvings.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.