Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a number of either antique or just collectible items…

Customer Question
I have a number...

I have a number of either antique or just collectible items passed down to me from several relatives. A large number of collectible elephant figures as well as some glass - maybe crystal? - serving dishes.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I'm fairly certain that none of the elephants are ivory, simply a large variety of sizes and materials from stone to wood to etched glass.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

How do I get some sense of what I have or what it's worth?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** am a certified antique appraiser and would be happy to help you. What I would need to know is the measurements to the elephants and a clear close up of the elephant. I can give you a general idea of values by the photo you have posted if you are looking for a general value. These look to be nice pieces and I wanted to ask you as it will take some time to photograph and measure each one for an accurate value if you would like me to do that I can or I can give you a general idea on the ones I am able to see good in this photo. Please let me know. Thank you
Tanya,Thank you - I absolutely will get better pictures of the pieces. There are all of the ones on the shelves in that "overall" picture, as well as several on other shelves in my home, and another box I haven't opened yet. My grandfather tended to be a bit obsessive when it came to collecting things.My plan is, this evening, to take those pictures and upload them.Thank you, ***** ***** your time and support,Michael Joiner

Hi Michael I look forward to helping you and will watch for the photos. I can see this is a large collection and look forward to helping in valuing them. If you can get photos and to save time you can place your hand or an object in the photo also so I may see the size instead of measuring if that helps in time for you also. Thank you for letting me know,