Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We own a large 31"x38" Oriental painting with a 4" wide gold…

Customer Question
We own a large...

We own a large 31"x38" Oriental painting with a 4" wide gold border having Oriental trim whose subject is a Buddha-type sitting figure with a flower pot holding a few blossoms on the floor next to him. The "Buddha" is sitting under a rounded, domed - perhaps an artistic tree branch. This belonged to my husband's mother who has passed on and we are about to move so wonder if it is worth taking with us - or giving it to one of our children?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The picture is inclosed under glass. Everything is in perfect condition and the effect of the color is mainly turquoise though the tree branch (?) is a light brown and several flowers are a dark pink color.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit at the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.