Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Chinese vase and I am looking for more information…

I have a Chinese vase...
I have a Chinese vase and I am looking for more information about the makers mark on the bottom. I dont know if its an antique or not and am interested on any info I can get on it
12/11/2017
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Can you provide a picture of the mark?

Chinese marks are difficult to locate, but I will do my best,

Thanks

I'm having problems loading the pics I'm working on it

OK, no problem.

thanks, ***** ***** while I review the pictures ok?

ok take your time

Older chinese vase marks have the distribution like in the image below:

However in you case, the mark of the vase does not correlate to any of the older reported Chinese marks. Nor because it does not fit in the distribution of the seals, but because the seals at that time were not so "artistic"-they reproduced sharp and crisp chinese calligraphy. In your case, the best fit for the mark corresponds to a modern period, and most importantly, to a Japanese modern porcelain period.

In this period there were hundreds of manufacturers and it is very difficult to exactly locate the one that produce this vase. Normally, the stamps are only recorded for very well known manufacturers, so many pieces are sold as modern Japaneses porcelain, which would be your particular case.

I hope that this information is useful to you. I have found your vase very vivid in colors, which definitely, is something that collectors always appreciate.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 500-700$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

thank you

you are very welcome

Can you rate my answer using the stars on top?

rusufdavi