Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Pirkenhammer chechoslovakia 6" plates with scenes of girl or

Pirkenhammer chechoslovakia 6" plates with...
Pirkenhammer chechoslovakia 6" plates with scenes of girl or boy in farm work. Probably wheat harvest and one a boy rabbit hunting. Wondering value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Pirkenhammer 6" plates with a boy or girl doing farm work, harvesting wheat. One with boy rabbit hunting. Value?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are cream colored China with pale green scalloped edges that are also gold trimmed. The figures are off center to the right.
12/11/2017
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Can you tell me the numbers that are stamped at the back of one of the pieces? This is the number that identifies the pattern.

If not, please, kindly upload a picture of the front of the plate and the back stamp.

Thanks

thanks, ***** ***** while I write the answer

Thanks for the pictures,

Pirkenhammer is a porcelain manufactory started in 1803 by Friedrich Holke and Johann Gotlob List. The mark of the crossed hammers is the Pirkenhammer symbol. The mark of your set tell us the manufacturing period. In your case, that mark was used between the period 1918-1938.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 70-100$ for each plate.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

rusufdavi
rusufdavi
rusufdavi