Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a silver plated tea caddy by Philip ashberry and sons…

Customer Question
I have a silver...

I have a silver plated tea caddy by Philip ashberry and sons Sheffield trade mark Britannia and a code number 1451 J, am wanting to know if it is valuable and how old it would be

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a silver plate tea caddy with swinging lid attached to the handle, it is by Philip ashberry and sons, Sheffield with trade mark Britannia and a code number 1451 J I am wanting to know if it is valuable and how old it would be

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/11/2017
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Can you provide a picture of the hallmark?

Thanks