Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a kyugetsu doll which might be mid-XX century i

I have a kyugetsu...

I have a kyugetsu doll which might be mid-XX century i wanted an appraisal

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can send the photos

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Some labels on the bottom that i cant read and a slab of wood with a japanese calligraphy piece so it should be someone who can read japanese

here are the photos
12/10/2017
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to review your photos and post back when completed. I shall review the photos now. Thank you
This is a beautiful doll. Custom made as the mass produced dolls were done smaller, less elaborate and the cases were done square. This doll is a great piece. Wearing the spring moon kimono. She brings peace and beauty to the owner. The plaque in front of her says blessings in the spring. The bottom tags are where she was made and the artist signature is there. The value on the doll in case is 125.00-140.00 and she was made in the 1960s period. Beautiful doll. These were common dolls brought back by service men usually for their wives and daughters. She was a custom doll someone had made to bring back for someone special. Thank you for sharing her. If I can be of further help please let me know.
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Can you please tell me the name of the author and the place of origin from the bottom? Thanks