Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I want to purchase a painting from a friend. Painted by Jo…

Customer Question
I want to purchase...

I want to purchase a painting from a friend. Painted by Jo Anne Mix, shows a nun and small child holding a bird.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't have any other information.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/8/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I don't know how to do that. I can take a picture and send it by text or email?

You can email the files to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.

I do not participate in the phone service but other experts will see that request. In the meantime, do email pictures using the instructions above.

I'll get back to you when someone can help me load pictures. Can i get back in using my new password?

Yes, you just log in to the site and look for this question under My Questions.

Pictures of painting have been emailed. No need to call. thanks
I have been charged the $5 and $34 I agreed to. What is the additional charge of $43...not mentioned
No live phone call. Just emailing of pictures. Please adjust charges. $43 and $34 shown on my Visa account. Thanks

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
Try calling US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** to sort that out.

Cancel phone request. Was able to communicate by email.
Please credit my card for $34

The artist Jo Anne Mix is the daughter of screen cowboy Tom Mix.

Her work does not sell for much, however. I believe you can name your price

at about $20 to be fair with this piece.

For example, an original Mix painting recently sold for $9 on EBTH.com. Here is an example,

https://www.ebth.com/items/3581204-original-jo-anne-mix-oil-on-canvas-quelques-fleurs

Other examples on the four paid databases that I use (those I can't copy for you) are showing the price range of $10 to $20 as an average for her original work.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for
answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.