Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm looking again and find nothing on Alibris. It's a

Customer Question
I'm looking again and...

I'm looking again and find nothing on Alibris. It's a beautiful little book and in very good condition. What might it be worth? Do you you need photos?

Expert's Assistant: OK. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I think the rebinding was a one off project for a Mr. Sherman. It's leather bound with gilt lettering highlighting. The cover and text are in quite good condition. The gilding is bright and not worn. There is some fraying along the left side of the foot cover and a small piece of the spine cover loose at the top. There is an owner's inscription on the first page.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The text is in great shape for 266 years, with insignificant yellowing and no folds or tears, although a few pages have small age stains. They don't seem fragile at all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/7/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

What is the title, author, publisher and year printed of your book?

~Nora

The Hebrew Language by John Millan, 1751. "The Second Edition Enlarged". Printed in London, no publisher listed.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The The Hebrew Language by John Millan, 1751 The Second Edition Enlarged Printed in London has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $130.00-138.50
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.