Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need an approximate value for a Jabez Stock case

Customer Question
I need an approximate...

I need an approximate value for a Jabez Stock long case grandfather clock 1700's damaged in a move. The clock was in excellent working condition.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I need an approximate value for a magnificent 1700's Jabez Stock long case clock.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not at this point.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/7/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Is the case Oak, Mahogany or Cherry?

It is lacquered with gilt; image of the risen Christ on the front. note on the inside of the case
I do not want an additional charge

I understand, I did not offer that, it is an up-sell from the Just Answer site.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The 1700's Lacquered, Gilt, with Christ on the Front, Jabez Stock, Long Case Grandfather clock has a value on the current retail market value of of $8200.00--8600.00
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda