Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am interested in this Louis Vuitton trunk from the 1920s.

Customer Question
It has what looks to...
I am interested in this Louis Vuitton trunk from the 1920s. It has what looks to be a thin coat of brown pain on it. Thoughts as to value as is and restored (if possible)?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/7/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Louis Vuitton trunk from the 1920's restored has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $10,500.00-11,000.00. As is it would be $2***-**-****.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating
.

What do restorations typically cost? Where would I find a restorer? Any thoughts about removing the paint?

Hello

I do not know what restorations cost, I have never had one done. The best way to find a restorer is to check your local yellow pages and all of the antique shops in your area. We do not have lists of things like that. There are too many across the country. I would not have any idea how to get the paint off, I have never restored these.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda

Hello

Is there are reason you are not rating my answer? If so I would be happy to help, in order to get credit for my work

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser